We offer a range of incentives to help employees achieve a healthy work and lifestyle balance:
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, and adoption leave schemes
- Flexible working arrangements
- Free family support and advice in Richmond and Wandsworth
We offer 31 days annual leave to all employees plus bank holidays.
Training and development
Training and development opportunities are available for all staff. You may also be able to get sponsorship for approved job-related qualifications.
SSA staff can join the Local Government Pension Scheme, which offers a range of retirement benefits, plus financial support for your dependents should anything happen to you. New employees will automatically be entered into the scheme, but can opt out at any time after starting work.
Benefits of contributing to the scheme include:
- Tax relief on the contributions you pay (if you pay tax)
- Life cover of 3 times your annual pensionable pay if you die whilst an active member of the scheme
- Partner’s and children’s pensions (where eligible) if you die
- A pension based on 1/49th of each year’s pensionable pay
- When you retire, the option to give up some of your pension in exchange for a tax-free lump sum
- Pension benefits that increase in line with inflation
- Flexibility to increase your pension by paying extra
- Flexibility to pay less by joining the 50/50 section of the scheme
- Flexibility to retire as early as 55 or as late as 75
- Pension benefits payable on redundancy after age 55, provided you have been in the scheme for at least 2 years
- Pension benefits payable on ill health grounds at any age, provided you have been in the scheme for at least 2 years
The Pensions Shared Service administers the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) for Camden, Merton, Richmond, Waltham Forest and Wandsworth Councils.
Discounts and offers
- Cycle to work scheme - save up to 32% on the cost of the bike and equipment
- Season ticket loan - interest free loan to pay for travel between work and home
- Car parking salary sacrifice scheme - pay for car park season ticket directly from your salary and save around 30% on tax and national insurance contributions
Family and lifestyle
- Childcare vouchers - pay for childcare vouchers directly from your salary and save around 30% on tax and national insurance contributions
- Technology products - pay for electronics (such as mobile phone or home technology) directly from your salary and and save around 30% on tax and national insurance contributions
- Shopping discounts - enjoy discounts on a range of products and services including store vouchers, cinema tickets, theme park tickets and local business offers.
Health and wellbeing
- Free information and counselling service
- Free flu immunisation
- Corporate rate discount on memberships at any of Richmond's sports and fitness centres
Housing and finance
- Key Worker Housing schemes
- Other staff loans from approved creditors, with repayments deducted from salary.
- Free financial education seminars to support staff with money matters
We have teamed up with Charities Aid Foundation so you can donate to charity, directly from your salary, and save on tax and national insurance contributions.