We offer a range of incentives to help employees achieve a healthy work and lifestyle balance:
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, and adoption leave schemes
- Flexible working arrangements
- Free family support and advice in Richmond and Wandsworth
We offer 31 days annual leave to all employees plus bank holidays.
Training and development
Training and development opportunities are available for all staff. You may also be able to get sponsorship for approved job-related qualifications.
Final salary pension
SSA staff can join the Local Government Pension Scheme, which offers a range of retirement benefits, plus financial support for your dependents should anything happen to you. New employees will automatically be entered into the scheme, but can opt out at any time.
- Benefits calculated on final pay
- An annual pension and a tax free lump sum
- Index linked benefits against inflation, at no extra cost
- Provision for retiring early because of ill health or redundancy
- Automatic cover for spouses and dependent children
- A provision to top-up pension benefits for late entrants
You can speak to someone from our Pensions Service to find out more.
Discounts and offers
- Cycle to work scheme - save up to 32% on the cost of the bike and equipment
- Season ticket loan - interest free loan to pay for travel between work and home
- Car parking salary sacrifice scheme - pay for car park season ticket directly from your salary and save around 30% on tax and national insurance contributions
Family and lifestyle
- Childcare vouchers - pay for childcare vouchers directly from your salary and save around 30% on tax and national insurance contributions
- Technology products - pay for electronics (such as mobile phone or home technology) directly from your salary and and save around 30% on tax and national insurance contributions
- Shopping discounts - enjoy discounts on a range of products and services including store vouchers, cinema tickets, theme park tickets and local business offers.
Health and wellbeing
- Free information and counselling service
- Free flu immunisation
- Corporate rate discount on memberships at any of Richmond's sports and fitness centres
Housing and finance
- Key Worker Housing schemes
- Other staff loans from approved creditors, with repayments deducted from salary.
- Free financial education seminars to support staff with money matters
We have teamed up with Charities Aid Foundation so you can donate to charity, directly from your salary, and save on tax and national insurance contributions.