Cancel a service
If you no longer need a Blue Badge, Freedom Pass, or London Taxicard you will need to post it back to us.
Please include a brief note to explain your reason for cancelling the service(s). For added security please also cut the card in half before posting it.
Change of address
Moved within the Borough
If you have moved to an address within the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames, please send us the following by email or post:
- A proof of your new address; and
- A brief note including your name, new address, old address and the date you moved.
You do not need to to return your pass/card/badge.
We will update your address against our records and you can continue to use the service as normal.
Moved outside of the Borough
If you have moved to an address outside the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames, please do the following:
- Blue Badge holders - you will need to contact us to let us know your new address. You can continue to use a Blue Badge we have issued in your new area until its expiry date, but you will need to apply to your new Local Authority to renew it. We will not issue you a reminder letter when the Badge is close to expiry, so make a note of the expiry date and be sure to reapply to your new Local Authority in plenty of time.
- Freedom Pass holders - contact the Freedom Pass Helpline for advice on 0300 330 1433.
- London Taxicard holders - contact the London Taxicard Office for advice on 020 7934 9791.
Change of Name
If you have changed your name, please send us the following by email or post:
- Proof of your change of name (marriage certificate, deed poll certificate, or divorce documents); and
- A brief note telling us about your name change.
Getting a replacement
If you would like a replacement Blue Badge, London Taxicard or Freedom Pass in your new name, please do the following:
- Blue Badge holders - you will need to tell us if you would like a replacement Blue Badge in your new name when you send us your change of name details.
To get a replacement you must:
- enclose a £10 cheque or postal order made payable to ‘LBRUT’; or
- state that that you would like to pay by debit or credit card. (If you have chosen to pay by card we will contact you to take a card payment over the phone, once we receive your change of name details.)
- Freedom Pass holders - you will need to contact the Freedom Pass Helpline on 0300 330 1433. A £10 fee is payable for the issue of a replacement Freedom Pass, the helpline will advise you how you can pay this fee.
- London Taxicard Holders - there is currently no charge for issue of a replacement Taxicard. You will need to tell us if you would like a replacement London Taxicard in your new name when you send us your change of name details. This will normally be sent out to you within 10 working days (subject to the relevant proofs).