Sixteen small businesses in Richmond Borough were recognised for their creativity and dedication at the Phoenix Enterprise Awards on 6 December 2022.
The Phoenix Enterprise programme is a Richmond Council business initiative to support pre-start, start up, and small and medium sized businesses across the borough access the tools and support they need to grow their business. This year alone, it has supported over 300 businesses across all industries and with a specific focus on retail, hospitality, leisure, professional services, digital and creative, start up support first cohort was for 45 years + and the second for 18 to 25 years old.
Businesses have been supported through workshops, masterclasses, business clinics, 121 coaching and mentoring, on demand online best in class business training, and business clinics to implement the stuff learned.
The Awards were held at the Pitcher and Piano in Richmond, to recognise the hard work and endurance of the business community in the borough.
The Winners are:
- Best Charity or Non-for-profit – Shephard’s Star
- Best Eco & Sustainability Business Award – Booheads Ltd
- Best Retail Business of The Year – Shiuli Restaurant -
- Best Website of The Year – Pink SEO Ltd
- Creative Business of The Year – Sadia Barlow Photography
- Entrepreneur of The Year – Speclean Ltd
- Most Innovative Business – Marketerstech Ltd
- Rising Star Business Award – Yoko Kloeden Design Ltd
There were also eight Highly Commended Winners in each of the main categories:
- Highly Commended Charity or Non-for-profit – Treasure Kave Ltd
- Highly Commended Eco and Sustainability Business Award – Tales In Style
- Highly Commended Creative Business of The Year – Living In Magazine
- Highly Commended Entrepreneur of The Year – TW Magazine
- Highly Commended Most Innovative Business – Cloud For Me
- Highly Commended Retail Business of The Year – Richmond Cycles
- Highly Commended Rising Star Business Award– Mel Mitchely Personal Chef
- Highly Commended Website of The Year – Amber Aesthetics
Helen Roberts from CPG Executive and delivery partner for The Phoenix Enterprise Programme, said: “It’s inspiring to see so many small businesses thrive in the most challenging of times. The awards are a culmination of their hard work over the past year. Getting to know and work with so many rich and diverse businesses has been a great privilege, and we look forward to welcoming the next set of businesses once again next year.”
The Phoenix Enterprise Programme is running until March 2023 and are welcoming new businesses to join this free business hub. Find out more about the Phoenix Enterprise Programme.