Waste and recycling collections one day later next week following Bank Holiday weekend
25 August 2021
Following the Bank Holiday on Monday 30 August, Richmond Council will carry out general waste, food waste, garden waste and recycling collections for domestic properties one day later than usual, for one week.
For example, Monday collections will take place on Tuesday, and Tuesday collections on Wednesday.
Over the Bank Holiday:
- There will be no collections for bulky waste available on Monday 30 August
- There will be no change for those receiving commercial waste and recycling collection services
Normal domestic collection schedules for all waste and recycling services will resume on Monday 6 September 2021.
Residents are asked to ensure their recycling and refuse is available for collection by 6am on collection day at the boundary of their property beside the entrance, for example where their front garden or drive meets the pavement.
To reduce issues with street litter and trip hazards, only households without front gardens, drives or equivalent are permitted to present recycling and refuse on the pavement and should only do this after 8pm on the day before collection.
Residents are reminded that Townmead Road Household Waste and Recycling Centre will be open over the Bank Holiday, but booking is essential. Please note Townmead Road is not currently accepting cardboard. Residents can book a slot to bring household waste to Townmead Road for free.
View your revised collection day. For any further enquiries please call 020 8891 1411.
Please see new collection day for next week:
- Monday 30 August will be recovered on Tuesday 31 August
- Tuesday 31 August will be recovered on Wednesday 1 September
- Wednesday 1 September will be recovered on Thursday 2 September
- Thursday 2 September will be recovered on Friday 3 September
- Friday 3 September will be recovered on Saturday 4 September
Up to: August 2021
Updated: 26 August 2021