Baby Loss Awareness Week
11 October 2021
Baby Loss Awareness Week is observed every year and aims to raise awareness of pregnancy loss and infant death, including miscarriage, stillbirth, sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS) ectopic pregnancy and the death of a newborn.
During this week families all over the world commemorate the lives of their babies and share memories of the all too brief time they had together.
As a council we want to ensure parents who have been affected by the loss of a child are being supported and aware of the services available to them. We also want to drive change through prevention ensuring parents are aware of where to get support services if needed when caring for their newborn to prevent Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS).
Below are bereavement support services endorsed by our Health Visiting service to support parents:
- Stillbirth & National Birth Charity (SANDS)
- Telephone: 0808 164 3332
- Email: email@example.com
- Live Chat: Talk to a Bereavement Counsellor
- Child Bereavement UK Helpline: 0800 02 888 40
- Miscarriage Association: 01924 200799
- Tommy's Bereavement Helpline 0800 014 7800 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm)
- General Practice (GP): Parents can also contact their local GP for bereavement counselling referrals if needed
Useful resources to support pregnant mothers and new mothers:
- Health Visiting Service (Central London Community Trust)
- Central London Community Trust: New baby and parents’ resources
- Local duty helpline for support: 0330 058 1679
- Lullaby Trust
Up to: October 2021
Updated: 11 October 2021