Quins vaccination site opens for 12-15 jabs during half term
25 October 2021
Children aged 12-15 are now able to get their vaccination this half term by booking an appointment at the Quins.
Over the past few weeks, the NHS has been visiting schools across the borough vaccinating 12–15-year-olds. However, to ensure that this age group can be vaccinated as soon as possible, appointments can now also be booked, outside of school, on the NHS booking service.
This means that young people can get their jab at a local vaccination centre – which from Wednesday 27 October will also include the Stoop rugby ground. The Stoop will be accepting pre-booked appointments for 12-15 year olds on weekdays only until 5 November 2021.
The move is designed to ensure that those who have not had the opportunity to be vaccinated at their school can still find a jab elsewhere rather than having to wait.
Cllr Gareth Roberts, Leader of Richmond Council, said:
"Thank you to the local NHS CCG for organising a local venue for our young people to have the jab. As we see our case numbers continue to rise, it is important that all those who want the vaccination can do so easily and don’t have to travel long distances.
“Having the COVID-19 vaccine not only protects the individual, it also helps minimise the risk of transmission to others.
“If you have a child aged 12-15, go online now and book their jab at the Quins this week.”
For parents and young people that have questions about the vaccination rollout for children aged 12-15, please see the below.
- Video of 15-year-old Lydia from Twickenham interviews Chief Nurse Nic Kane about the vaccination rollout. Watch here
- Hear from Dr Patrick Gibson in our Podcast on the vaccination rollout for 12–15-year-olds. Listen here
- Watch our parent Q and A where clinicians answered parents’ questions about the rollout. Watch here
For more information about the vaccination rollout for young people read these FAQs.
The NHS vaccination team will also be operating clinics during the October half-term at the locations listed below. Appointments MUST be booked via the national booking system.
- Centrale Shopping Centre, Croydon
- Hawks Road Health Clinic, Kingston
- Centre Court Shopping Centre, Wimbledon
- St Nicholas Shopping Centre, Sutton
- Roehampton Vaccination Centre
- The Wilson Hospital, Mitcham
- Nelson Health Centre, Wimbledon
- Valley Park Surgery, Croydon
Up to: October 2021
Updated: 25 October 2021