Solar Together Richmond
In July 2019, we declared a Climate Emergency, committing to working towards becoming carbon neutral by 2030. We also want to support our residents to minimise their environmental impact by reducing their own carbon footprint.
About Solar Together
One way of doing this is by generating your own clean energy. Solar panels can save you money on your electricity bills and power your home with clean energy. We are working in partnership with the Mayor of London to make the transition to clean energy as cost effective and hassle-free as possible for Richmond residents.
Solar Together is an innovative scheme offering high-quality solar photovoltaic (PV) panels and battery storage. It is a group-buying scheme, which brings households across London together to get high-quality solar panels at a competitive price. You are helped through the process and informed at every stage. If you already have solar panels installed, you can still benefit from the scheme by registering to have battery storage added to your existing solar panels.
The current round of Solar Together is now closed to new applications. However you can still register your interest on the Solar Together Richmond website in case the scheme runs again in the future.
How does it work?
- Registration: You can register before Tuesday 23 March 2021 for free and without obligation on Solar Together Richmond website. To register, you simply provide details about your roof, such as its size and orientation (Registration has now closed)
- Auction: An auction will be held on Tuesday 23 March 2021 where our pre-vetted solar installers will submit bids for the work. The more people that register, the better the deal should be for each household
- Personal recommendation: From Monday 12 April 2021 you will be emailed your personal recommendation, based on your registration details. This includes your costs and specifications of your system
- You decide: The decision is then yours as to whether you want to accept your recommendation. There is no obligation to continue. You will have until Friday 21 May 2021 to decide and will be invited to an information session
- Installation: If you accept, the winning installer will contact you to survey your roof and set an installation date. All installations are planned to be completed by the end of October 2021
Find out more
For more information about likely costs, the amount of energy you can expect to generate, and lots more, visit Solar Together Richmond where you can register for the scheme.
Up to: Climate Emergency
Updated: 07 June 2021