Registered skip company

To apply for a licence to place a skip on the public highway within our Borough you must first be registered on the Council’s approved list.

How to Apply

  • A form must be completed: apply for registration (MS Word, 920KB).
  • A copy of your current Public Liability Insurance Schedule or a letter from your insurer or broker confirming you have a minimum Public Liability indemnity limit of £5,000,000 (or equivalent Euros for operations insured in Eire).
  • You will also need to provide a copy of your waste carriers licence (i.e. registration certificate) from the Environment Agency.

Once all of this information has been approved, we will contact you with details of our licensing procedure along with your Company PIN number so that you may apply for skip licences via the Council’s website

Any skip which is found to be on the public highway without a valid skip licence from the Council may face formal enforcement action which could lead to the skip being removed by the Council and the provider/owner of the skip may face legal proceedings.

Please see our terms and conditions page for further information about skip licences.

Updated: 21 June 2017