Apply for mandatory charitable relief
If you think you may be eligible for mandatory charitable relief, you can apply using this form.
About the relief
A discount of 80% will be given where a business property is wholly or mainly used for charitable purposes.
Organisations that may be eligible for this relief include:
- Registered Charities or their trustees
- Institutions administered by the Church Commissioners
- Registered Friendly Societies
- Boy Scout or Girl Guide Association units
- Voluntary schools (in some cases)
- Other institutions or organisations established for charitable purposes only
You will need
- Your current Business Rates account number
- Your registration number (if registered Charity, Friendly Society or Community Sports Club)
Before you start
Your personal information provided on this form will be used in accordance with the Council’s Personal Information Policy.
What happens next
A letter will be sent to advise if your application has been successful or unsuccessful.
Medium - this form usually take a few minutes to complete
Up to: Charitable relief
Updated: 05 December 2017