My Account

Apply for a foreign language assistant Council Tax discount

You may qualify for a Council Tax discount if a foreign language assistant lives in your home who is:

  • registered with the Central Bureau for Education Visits and Exchanges, and
  • working as a foreign language assistant at a school or other Educational Institution in Great Britain.

You will need

  • Your Council Tax account number

A letter from the school or college confirming:

  • Name of assistant
  • Name and address of school of college
  • Date appointment starts and ends

Before you start

This form is for new applications only.

Do not complete this form if you:

Your personal information provided on this form will be used in accordance with the Council’s Personal Information Policy.  

What happens next

We will either reduce the bill or let you know why we have not been able to do so.

If we need more information we will contact you.

Start my application

Medium - This form usually takes a few minutes to complete

Updated: 15 July 2020

Stay up to date! Make sure you subscribe to our email updates.