Apply for a student nurse Council Tax discount
You may qualify for a Council Tax discount if a student nurse lives in your home who is doing a course that, when completed, will lead to them being included on the Register maintained under the Nurses, Midwives, and Health Visitors Act 1979.
Student nurses are disregarded for Council Tax purposes even though they do not meet the criteria for full time students.
You will need
- Your Council Tax account number
- A letter from the Head of the Educational Establishment confirming:
- Student nurse's full name
- Name and address of educational establishment
- Title of course
- Whether or not the course will lead to first registration under the Nurses, Midwives and Health Visitors Act 1979 Part 1 to 6 or 8
- Date course starts and ends
Before you start
This form is for new applications only.
Do not complete this form if you:
- already receive this discount - please reapply when you receive a review letter
- want to tell us about a change to your circumstances
Your personal information provided on this form will be used in accordance with the Council’s Personal Information Policy.
What happens next
We will either reduce the bill or let you know why we have not been able to do so.
If we need more information we will contact you.
Medium - This form usually takes a few minutes to complete
Up to: Council Tax discounts
Updated: 22 November 2017