My Account

Apply for a non-British spouse or dependant of a student discount

You may qualify for a Council Tax discount if a spouse or dependant of a student lives in your home who is:  

  • not a British citizen, and
  • cannot work for money or claim benefits by the terms of their entry into this country.

You will need

  • Your Council Tax account number
  • Proof of the terms under which the spouse or dependant was allowed to enter this country, e.g. a letter from the Home Office including the relevant reference numbers as we may need to undertake a check

Before you start

This form is for new applications only.

Do not complete this form if you:

Your personal information provided on this form will be used in accordance with the Council’s Personal Information Policy.  

What happens next

We will either reduce the bill or let you know why we have not been able to do so.

If we need more information we will contact you.

Start my application

Medium - This form usually takes a few minutes to complete

Updated: 15 July 2020

Stay up to date! Make sure you subscribe to our email updates.