My Account

Apply for a discount for people who have moved permanently to hospital

You may qualify for a Council Tax discount if someone in your household lives permanently in hospital.

If they spend only short periods in hospital and intend to return home, they will not be discounted for Council Tax purposes.

If there is no one living at the property please complete the homes left empty by persons in hospitals, nursing or care homes exemption form.

You will need

  • Your Council Tax account number

Before you start

This form is for new applications only.

Do not complete this form if you:

Your personal information provided on this form will be used in accordance with the Council’s Personal Information Policy.  

What happens next

We will either reduce the bill or let you know why we have not been able to do so.

If we need more information we will contact you.

Start my application

Medium - This form usually takes a few minutes to complete

Updated: 15 July 2020

Stay up to date! Make sure you subscribe to our email updates.