Apply for a visiting forces and dependants exemption
A home is exempt from Council Tax when it is:
- Lived in by a member of a visiting force
- Lived in by the dependants of a member of a visiting force if they are not British citizens or they do not normally live in the United Kingdom, and they would be liable to pay Council Tax
The property will be exempt as long as the circumstances remain the same.
You will need
- Your Council Tax account number
Before you start
This form is for new applications only.
Do not complete this form if you:
- Already receive this discount - please reapply when you receive a review letter
- Want to tell us about a change to your circumstances
Your personal information provided on this form will be used in accordance with the Council’s Personal Information Policy.
What happens next
We will either reduce the bill or let you know why we have not been able to do so.
If we need more information we will contact you.
Medium - This form usually takes a few minutes to complete
Up to: Council Tax exemptions
Updated: 15 July 2020