My Account

Apply for an armed forces accommodation Council Tax exemption

A home is exempt from Council Tax when it is owned by the Ministry of Defence and used for armed forces accommodation (barracks, messes or married quarters).

About the exemption

A contribution to Council Tax will be paid by the Ministry of Defence.

The property will be exempt as long as the circumstances remain the same.

You will need

  • Your Council Tax account number

Before you start

This form is for new applications only.

Do not complete this form if you:

Your personal information provided on this form will be used in accordance with the Council’s Personal Information Policy.

What happens next

We will either reduce the bill or let you know why we have not been able to do so.

If we need more information we will contact you.

Start my application

Medium - This form usually takes a few minutes to complete

Got a question?

Web chat available Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm

Updated: 25 January 2023

Stay up to date! Make sure you subscribe to our email updates.