My Account

Apply for a Council Tax exemption for a property waiting to be lived in by a minister of religion

A home is exempt from Council Tax when it is unoccupied and being held for a practising minister of religion to live in, and the minister will perform his or her duties from the property.

You will need

  • Your Council Tax account number
  • An official letter confirming the situation

Before you start

This form is for new applications only.

Do not complete this form if you:

Your personal information provided on this form will be used in accordance with the Council’s Personal Information Policy.

What happens next

We will either reduce the bill or let you know why we have not been able to do so.

If we need more information we will contact you.

Start my application

Medium - This form usually takes a few minutes to complete

Got a question?

Web chat available Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm

Updated: 25 January 2023

Stay up to date! Make sure you subscribe to our email updates.