Safety measures at our sports centres
COVID-19: Sports update - March 2021
Following Government guidance, our Sport and Fitness Centres (including pools) are now beginning a phased reopening.
We are currently following the Government's 'Roadmap' for the reopening of our services.
We are starting a phased reopening and very much look forward to welcoming you back to our centres, in a safe and socially distanced way.
Procedures we have put in place for your safety
These are just a few of the areas we have been working on:
- Sneeze screens
- One way access/exit
- Social distancing signage
- Enhanced cleaning schedule (both during and out of hours)
- Antibacterial stations
- PPE being worn where required
- Cashless reception
- Reduced attendance numbers to comply with social distancing
- Pre-booked admission only - bookable via App, online or by phone
- Removed and restricted access to showers, toilets and change facilities to comply with social distancing
- 'How to' videos and guidance animations for customers to view before they visit
- Most common questions about memberships, courses and activities
- All of our Sports and Fitness Centres will be operating NHS Test and Trace, as per Government legislation. When visiting our centres, we encourage you to scan the NHS QR code and you will be asked to provide your name and contact details so you can be notified if you have been exposed to the virus
- Face masks: In light of recent government recommendations, we would like to encourage all customers to wear face masks when entering the building and when moving through circulation areas within the sites (corridors, changing rooms and the café).
Face masks or PPE should not to be worn whilst exercising or participating in activities booked.
Up to: Sports
Updated: 25 February 2021