COVID-19: Sports update
Following government guidance, some of our sports and fitness centres (including pools) have now been able to reopen.
We are currently following the government's 'roadmap' for the reopening of our services as follows:
Update - July 2021
Following the recent Government announcement regarding stage 4 of the roadmap from 19 July, we are monitoring the changes to industry guidance and guidelines. We will adopt a cautious approach and due to the current 7 day advance booking period, some changes may not take place until Monday 26 July at the earliest.
From 19 July 2021 we will continue to ask users of the centres to:
- Continue booking their sessions in advance using the LBRUT Sports App, web booking portal or by phone.
- Attend the centre dressed ready for their session, wherever possible.
- Not attend the centre in advance of their session start time.
- Access the centre and the facility area in the same way.
- Continue wearing face masks when accessing and moving around the centres.
From the week commencing 26 July, gym users will not need to book their session in advance.
From 19 July 2021 we will make the following operational amendments to the centres:
- Gradually make more changing space, showers and lockers available for use.
- Gradually re-introduce the barrier systems at the entrance to the centres and we will ask all members to attend with their membership cards.
- Review and increase the sessional numbers in a cautious way.
- Continually review service operating procedures and provide further updates in the coming weeks.
Further updates will be published on our website, via social media and on the LBRUT Sports App as we have them.
View the full government roadmap plans.
Up to: Sports
Updated: 16 July 2021