Feel Good Swim School
COVID-19: Sports update - September 2021
We are currently following step 4 of the government roadmap. We are also following industry guidance and adopting a cautious approach to the reopening of services.
View the step 4 changes that will be taking place in our sport and fitness centres.
Feel Good Swim School offer group and private lessons for swimmers of all ages at the following centres:
- Teddington Pools and Fitness Centre
- Pools on the Park, Richmond
Please read our Swim School guidance information (pdf, 90 KB) which relates to any pupils and parents visiting us during COVID-19.
October half term swimming lessons
This October half term we will be running holiday swimming lessons and activities at both Teddington Pools and Fitness Centre and Pools on the Park. To make a booking enquiry please call 020 3772 2999 or email email@example.com.
View the half term programmes below:
- Pools on the Park - Lesson/Activity Programme valid from 25 to 29 October 2021 (pdf, 693 KB)
- Teddington Pools and Fitness Centre - Lesson/Activity Programme valid 25 to 29 October 2021 (pdf, 1.5 MB)
Swim School update - Autumn 2021
New pupil booking for group swimming lessons (term time)
Enrolment for Autumn term junior lessons has now ended. If you have been unable to secure a place, you will need to reapply once bookings for the Spring term open.
Details regarding Spring term lessons will be listed here in December. We do not run waiting lists for the existing or new term lessons.
September to December 2021 timetable term dates
Monday 13 September to Saturday 11 December 2021. No lessons from Monday 25 to Sunday 31 October 2021.
- Swim School at Pools on the Park - Autumn 2021 (pdf, 121 KB)
- Swim School at Teddington Pools and Fitness Centre - Autumn 2021 (pdf, 134 KB)
Adult group swimming lessons
Adult group swimming lessons are now available to book via telephone or in person at Teddington Pools and Fitness Centre or Pools on the Park. Enquiries may also be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org (in your email please state which centre/day/time you are enquiring about and provide your telephone number so we can call you back).
Timetable for Teddington Pools and Fitness Centre
7.00pm – Adult Beginners – Learner Pool
7.30pm – Adult Improvers – Main Pool
8.00pm – Adult Advanced – Main Pool
12 Noon – Adult Advanced – Main pool
12.30pm – Adult Improvers – Main Pool
1.00pm – Adult Beginners – Learner Pool
Timetable for Pools on the Park, Richmond
7pm – Adult Beginners
7.45pm – Adult Improvers
8.15pm – Adult Advanced
All adult lessons are 30 minutes long and will be for a term lasting six weeks.
Lessons at Teddington Pools commence on 13/15 September and at Pools on the Park on 22 September.
Adult lesson prices (for six weeks)
£63.00 - Standard
£54.00 - Richmond Card*
* Richmond Card price applicable with paid for Leisure Subscription.
Swim lesson criteria
Pre-School Swimming classes - up to 5 years old
Children are accompanied into the water by the parent/guardian with a ratio of 1 adult per child.
Swimming classes available:
- Adult and child 6 months to 1 year – To give the baby the experience of a pool situation and to show the adult what can be safely expected of and achieved by the baby
- Adult and child 1 to 2 years – To give young children water confidence using songs and games to assist in development (including going under water)
- Adult and child 2 to 3 years – To encourage further water confidence to enable the children to move through the water on their own without being held by an adult. Children are accompanied into the water by the swimming teachers and should have had their third birthday
- Pre-school beginners – This class is suitable for children who are non-swimmers and require buoyancy aids
- Pre-school improvers – To join this class children should be able to swim 3m on their front with their face in the water without buoyancy aids
- Pre-school advanced – To join this class children should be able to swim 5m front paddle and 5m back paddle without buoyancy aids
Junior Swimming classes - 5 years and older
These classes are suitable for children who are at full time school and who are 5 years old and above or will turn 5 before 31 August 2022.
Swimming classes taking place at the teaching pool:
- Stage 1 – Suitable for children who are non-swimmers.
- Stage 2 – Children should be able to swim 3m on their front with their face in the water unaided
- Stage 3 – Children should be able to swim 5m front crawl and 5m back crawl
- Stage 4 – Children should be able to swim 10m front crawl and 10m back crawl
Swimming classes taking place at the main pool:
- Stage 5 – Children should be able to swim 15m basic front crawl, 15m basic back crawl with an awareness of breaststroke and be confident in the main pool out of their depth
- Stage 6 – Children should be able to swim 25m basic front crawl, 25m basic back crawl and 15m basic breaststroke
- Stage 7 – Children should be able to swim 50m alternating front crawl and back crawl with good technique and 25m basic breaststroke with an awareness of butterfly
- Stage 8 – Children should be able to swim 200m and have good technique on front crawl, back crawl and breaststroke and basic butterfly
- Stage 9 – Children should be able to swim 600m and have good technique on front crawl, back crawl and breaststroke and basic butterfly
- Stage 10 – Children should be able to swim 800m in under 25 minutes and have correct technique on front crawl, back crawl and breaststroke and good technique on butterfly
- Rookie Lifeguards - Pupils should be aged 8 years plus and Stage 8 or above
- Swim Fitness Junior - Pupils should be aged between 8-12 years and Stage 9 or above
- Swim Fitness Teen - Pupils should be aged 12 years plus and Stage 9 or above
Private swimming lessons
New pupils are not currently being accepted and we are not operating a waiting list for these lessons.
|Lesson||Richmond Card price*||Standard price|
|1-2-1 Child (30 minutes)||£19||£21|
|1-2-2 Children (30 minutes)||£23||£27|
|1-2-3 Children (30 minutes)||£28||£33|
|1-2-1 Adult (30 minutes)||£24||£28|
|1-2-1 Adult (60 minutes)||£39||£47|
|1-2-2 Adult (30 minutes)||£29||£39|
*Richmond Card price applicable with paid Leisure Subscription
For any other Swim School related queries, please email us at email@example.com.
Updated: 06 October 2021