Garden waste non collection
Garden waste collection suspended
There will be no garden waste collections this week. This is due to collection a number of the crews having to self-isolate, we do not have enough staff to continue all collections streams. Logistically we have had to make the decision to prioritise household waste/food collections followed by blue and black box recycling collections.
Any missed collections from Tuesday 20 to Friday 23 July will not be collected until the next scheduled collection. We aim to recover missed collections from Monday 19 July on Saturday 24 July 2021.
If your garden waste was not collected, you would have got a yellow advice tag on your bin.
Reasons for non collection
Your bin was not collected because either:
- Your bin was displaying an invalid garden waste sticker
- Your bin contained items we cannot collect
Your bin also may not have been collected because:
- Your bin was too heavy for our us to move and/or empty safely
- Your bin was not presented at the collection point (e.g. at the edge of your property next to the public highway or an alternative agreed point)
- You did not use a Richmond blue lid Garden Waste recycling wheel bin
- We were unable to access your containers to empty them (for example, because of parked cars blocking access or bins left behind a locked gate)
How to ensure future collections
To make sure your bin is collected next time, please ensure:
- You have the correct sticker on your bin
- Remove any items from your bin that cannot be collected before your next collection
- Make sure your bin is presented at the kerbside or agreed collection point
Updated: 20 December 2018