What can't be disposed of at Townmead Road
Due to a major fire, the centre will open at a reduced capacity until further notice. This will also impact what you can bring to recycle.
The following wastes cannot be disposed of at Townmead Road Re-use and Recycling Centre:
- Household chemicals that are not in the original packaging*
- Unidentified chemicals*
- Fuels and oils not in approved containers*
- Car tyres
- Medical equipment, including laser and radiographic equipment
- Mobility scooters
- Motor vehicles (or parts thereof)
- Unidentified gas bottles
- Oxygen bottles (including medical bottles)
- Fireworks, marine flares or any kind of ordnance
- Food waste for recycling
- Dead animals
- Asbestos in any form
- Old Cine film
- Commercial fridges
- Syringes (used/unused)
If unsure, please ask staff on site. Site management reserve the right to refuse any waste that may compromise safety and/or storage on site.
*These wastes can potentially be collected free of charge by the Household Hazardous Waste Service operated by the Corporation of London on behalf of Richmond.
Updated: 14 September 2020