Accessible formats and community languages
Find information on coronavirus (COVID-19) in accessible formats and alternative languages on this page. We've also linked to Government websites to help different groups in the community understand how to stay safe.
Coronavirus information in easy-read format, large text and infographics
- What to do if someone you share your home with has signs of coronavirus: an easy read guide
- Get tested: an easy read guide (pdf, 322 KB)
- Got symptoms? Get tested: an easy read guide (pdf, 402 KB)
- Test and trace: self isolate when alerted - an easy read guide (pdf, 273 KB)
- Test and trace: self isolate when alerted (large text pdf, 230 KB)
- Got Symptoms? Get tested (large text pdf, 230 KB)
- Got symptoms? Get tested part 2 (large text pdf, 227 KB)
- A guide to looking after your feeling and your body (pdf, 288 KB)
- What is coronavirus? (pdf, 259 KB)
- Myth-busting coronavirus (pdf, 1.5 MB)
- Coronavirus wellbeing (pdf, 264 KB)
- Preventing coronavirus (pdf, 219 KB)
- Coronavirus and diabetes (pdf, 154 KB)
- Guidance on using face masks (pdf, 241 KB)
- Guidance on shielding and protecting people defined on medical grounds as extremely vulnerable (pdf, 3.6 MB)
Essential British Sign Language (BSL) advice from the NHS and Government
- BSL - NHS Test and Trace: Play your part (mp4)
- BSL - NHS Stop the spread (mp4)
- BSL - NHS Got symptoms? Get tested (mp4)
- BSL - NHS Social tracing (mp4)
- BSL - NHS Test and trace (mp4)
- BSL - NHS Symptoms of coronavirus (mp4)
- BSL - up-to-date information on coronavirus: The Deaf Health Charity provides coronavirus (COVID-19) daily updates from the government including the provision of an interpreter on BBC 107 or 231
- Advice, information and resources for the deaf/hard of hearing is also available from the charity SignHealth
SignHealth support lines
Mental Health Support
Essential advice from the NHS and Government for blind/partially sighted residents
The RNIB’s radio station Connect Radio broadcasts live daily shows providing coronavirus (COVID-19) daily updates from the Government.
General information, advice and resource is also available from the Royal National Institute of Blind People (RNIB).
Braille posters can be ordered from Public Health England by emailing email@example.com.
RNIB support lines
Telephone: 0303 123 9999 (weekdays from 8am to 8pm and Saturdays 9am to 1pm)
Helpline and resources for Deafblind residents during coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic
Telephone: 0800 132 320 (Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm)
Text: 07950 008870
For advice, information and resources go to DeafBlind and coronavirus advice.
Essential advice from the NHS and Government for people with learning disabilities
An easy to read guide on coronavirus is also available from Public Health England.
Public Health England leaflets in additional languages
Public Health England has produced information leaflets about coronavirus in a range of different languages.
Stay at home guidance for households with possible coronavirus (COVID-19) infection
Doctors of the World have also produced NHS COVID-19 advice in 44 languages including Albanian, Dari, French, Pashto, Punjabi, Mandarin, Polish, Urdu, Arabic, Spanish and Farsi. These have been collated in partnership with the Red Cross.
Additional information: languages
COVID-19 Scam and Fraud Information by K International
Information and advice on how to protect yourself from scams and fraud, including scams to look out for.
Women's Aid - COVID-19 information
Advice and tip sheets for parents and families, available in different languages.
Up to: Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Updated: 27 January 2021