I need help paying my bills
There are several council and community schemes that can help if you are struggling to pay your bills.
Household Support Fund
Richmond AID and Citizens Advice Richmond have received Household Support Funding to distribute to local families and individuals who are struggling financially this winter and need help and support accessing food, energy bills or other household essentials. This includes working households on a low income.
This support can be in the form of:
- Payments and vouchers for individuals and families towards the cost of food, energy costs and essential items
- Access to the wider advice service provided by Richmond AID and Citizens Advice Richmond to help residents maximise their household income and manage their situation e.g. support around benefits or debt advice
Find out more about Citizens Advice Richmond
- Telephone: 080 82 78 78 73 (Monday to Friday 10am to 4pm)
- Online: Submit the Grant Enquiry form
Find out more from Richmond Aid
- Telephone: 020 8831 6070 (Monday to Friday 10am to 4pm)
Richmond residents can apply to get up to £170 towards their annual energy bill through the Fuel Grant Scheme.
Applications for the latest round of grants close at midnight on 31 March 2022.
If you are struggling to heat your home, there are grants and discounts available – including the Coldbusters Grant.
- Find out more about heating grants
- Call 020 8891 1411
This is financial help and support to help those eligible to adapt their home.
- Find out more about housing grants
- Call 020 8891 7436
Richmond Parish Lands Charity
Can provide grants to residents in TW9, TW10, SW13 & SW14.
- Find out more about Richmond Parish Lands Charity
- Call 020 8948 5701
The Barnes Fund
Support with utility bills, such as gas, water or electricity. Must be in the Barnes Fund catchment area and must have a referral from an agency e.g. Richmond AID.
- Find out more about The Barnes Fund
- Call 07484 146 802
The Hampton Fund
Can help with fuel grants and essential household items. You must also live in their area of benefit - Hampton, Hampton Hill, Hampton Wick, Teddington, Twickenham and Whitton.
- Find out more about the Hampton Fund
- Call 020 8941 7866
They provide support for disabled people, people with long term health conditions and carers. They can provide advice and support on issues including housing, social care, mobility, transport, education and training. They can also provide support on benefits and form filling, general money advice – including debt.
- Find out more about Richmond AID
- Call 020 8831 6070
Age UK Richmond
They provide specialist welfare benefits and financial support service for older people- advising them on the types of benefits and grants available to them, support to fill out the applications and making applications on their behalf if necessary. Follow through to award to ensure best chance of success. Home visits offered, if needed.
- Find out more about Age UK Richmond
- Call 020 8878 3073
Citizens Advice Richmond
Provide specialist advice on a range of issues such as claiming benefits, employment issues, housing, immigration, debt, tax, advice for EU citizens etc. Offer hardship grants on behalf of other local funders and food vouchers.
- Find out more about Citizens Advice Richmond
- For help with claiming Universal Credit contact the Help to Claim service
- Use their online benefits calculator
- Call 0808 278 7873
Can provide specialist, holistic advice for those struggling with debt or money issues.
- Find out more about Crosslight Advice
- Call 020 7052 0318
Updated: 10 August 2022