JSNA Age Well
This chapter provides a high-level summary on the older population of Richmond, and some of the factors affecting their health, wellbeing, and social care needs. Richmond has an older population with a large cohort of people now reaching their later years. For the purpose of this JSNA chapter, the term ‘older people’ has been defined as those over the age of 65 years.
The report is organised under the following broad theme headings: Falls and Frailty, Safeguarding in the Elderly, End of Life Care and Dementia, and draws upon evidence from a range of sources. Wherever possible the data has been split further into more specific age groups (65-74 years, 75 - 84 years or 85 years+).
- Introduction and Overview
- Life Expectancy and Healthy Life Expectancy
- Main Causes of Morbidity and Mortality
- Falls, Frailty and Mobility
- Adult Social Care Outcomes
- Dementia Prevention and Care
- End of Life Care
Updated: 15 December 2021