Information for suppliers
Follow these instructions to ensure your payment is processed without delay.
New vendor accounts
New suppliers (vendors) must complete a ‘Trading with London Borough of Richmond upon Thames’ form, available from your named Council contact. You must complete this form before providing any goods or services.
Once we have received and processed your form we can set up your new vendor account. This will allow us to make payment to you.
We have created an invoice template (MS Word, 72KB) which includes all the details you need to include.
When completing an invoice please ensure:
- it is addressed to London Borough of Richmond upon Thames
- the name of the person or team requiring your goods or services is clearly shown
- your/the company’s full name and address is included
- A unique invoice reference number is listed (maximum 16 characters)
- An invoice date is included (in the format dd/mm/yyyy)
- The VAT amount is correct and clearly identified (if applicable)
- The net amount and VAT amount add up to the total gross amount (if applicable)
To speed up the process, all invoices must be addressed directly to the person or team requiring your goods or services. This will also reduce the risk of misplaced invoices and help ensure they are paid on time.
In the future we hope to send Remittance Advice out by email so will need you to provide an email address.
Our standard payment term for goods and services is 30 days.
In most cases payment is released 28 days from the date of the invoice. This is to allow for the two working days it takes for BACS payments to reach the recipient’s bank account.
We publish all payments to suppliers over £500.
Payment process for provision of GUM services
Richmond Council is a member of the GUM Collaborative Commissioning Arrangement and expects services to be delivered in accordance with any contract reached through this arrangement.
Payments for GUM services will be made only on receipt of the required backing data and in accordance with our Terms and Conditions:
- Payment process for GUM providers 2017/18(pdf, 404KB)
- Financial terms for providers of GUM services 2017/18(pdf, 408KB)
Richmond's accounts payable function has been outsourced to Capita Business Services Ltd. For any queries please e-mail APQueries-LBWR@capita.co.uk or phone 01243 382 377.
Up to: Budgets and spending
Updated: 01 February 2019