Property Services privacy notice
How Property Services use and share your data.
Using your data
Reasons for using your data:
- Service delivery
- Service improvement and planning
- Prevention and detection of crime
- Financial transactions
- Energy & Environment Management
- Research including consultations
- Equality monitoring
Why we are allowed to use your data
Legal obligation or public task under various UK laws including but not limited to:
- The Localism Act 2011
- The Equality Act 2010 Contract – tenants, room hire
- Freedom of information Act 2000
- Environmental Regulation 2004
- Data Protection Act 2018
- General Data Protection Regulation 2018 Consent – consultations
Obtaining and sharing your data with others
We can share your data with:
- National Regulators e.g. Information Commissioner’s Office, Ombudsman, Investigatory Powers Commissioner.
- Judicial Agencies e.g. Courts
- Immigration Service
- Government Departments e.g. HMRC, DWP
- Elected Members & MPs (as your representative)
- Funding Bodies
- Local businesses
- Utilities companies e.g. home energy schemes
- Contractors providing energy/environmental services and IT services
- Other departments within the Council
Using your data to make automated decisions
We do not use your data to make automated decisions.
Data sent to countries outside of the EEA
Generally, the Council will not process your personal data outside of the UK or the EEA. In exceptions where we do, we will ensure equivalent data protection controls are in place.
To see what data is collected and how to exercise your rights to your data, please read our corporate privacy notice.
Up to: Departmental privacy notices
Updated: 01 March 2022