Talk Richmond is a fortnightly podcast that brings you closer to what’s happening in Richmond upon Thames.
London Fire Brigade firefighter, Georgina Mann, talks about Public Sexual Harassment in light of Sarah Everard’s death and the thousands of women who shared stories of being intimidated or harassed by men in public places. Georgina shares her specialist knowledge on Public Sexual Harassment and speaks openly about her own experiences.
- Women and Girls Network: 0808 801 0660
- Locations of London Fire Brigade stations
- Address of London Fire Brigade stations in Richmond upon Thames: 323 Lower Richmond Road, Richmond, TW9 4PN and 30 South Road, Twickenham, TW2 5NT
- Hollie Guard App
- Episode 1 - Coronavirus: Richmond's Response
- Episode 1 transcript (pdf, 107 KB)
- Episode 2 Coronavirus: Avoiding a second peak
- Episode 2 transcript (pdf, 120 KB)
- Episode 3 - Muggings, Young People and the Police Response
- Episode 3 transcript (pdf, 70 KB)
- Episode 4 - Local businesses & the impact of COVID-19
- Episode 4 transcript (pdf, 77 KB)
- Episode 5 - Back to school special
- Episode 5 transcript (pdf, 61 KB)
- Episode 6 - Coronavirus: Save the Arts!
- Episode 6 transcript (pdf, 61 KB)
- Episode 7 - Coronavirus: Impact on Young People's Mental Health
- Episode 7 transcript (pdf, 83 KB)
- Episode 8 - Kingston Hospital - preparing for the second wave
- Episode 8 transcript (pdf, 66 KB)
- Episode 9 - Coronavirus: Surviving ICU and the Road to Recovery
- Episode 9 transcript (pdf, 76 KB)
- Episode 10 - Coronavirus: Living with Long COVID
- Episode 10 transcript (pdf, 84 KB)
- Episode 11 - New COVID variant and getting vaccinated
- Episode 11 transcript (pdf, 79 KB)
- Episode 12 - Policing COVID-19
- Episode 12 transcript (pdf, 90 KB)
- Episode 13 - COVID vaccine: what you need to know
- Episode 13 transcript (pdf, 141 KB)
- Episode 14 - Richmond's food waste problem
- Episode 14 transcript (pdf, 86 KB)
- Episode 15 - Harlequins and COVID-19
- Episode 15 transcript (pdf, 81 KB)
- Episode 16 - The realistic approach to wellbeing
- Episode 16 transcript (pdf, 81 KB)
- Episode 17 - Caring for carers
- Episode 17 transcript (pdf, 102 KB)
About the podcast
Each episode discusses a topic of interest in the borough with help from different guests. The host of the podcast is Cllr Jim Millard, who is the borough’s Tenants' Champion and an actor.
Podcasts will be no longer than 30 minutes in length, with many being under 15 minutes. Podcasts are a new way for the Council to share information with residents - they are easy to listen to and allow you to absorb information whilst doing other things, such as getting ready for the day, travelling to and from work or exercising.
Do you have any feedback or suggestions for future episodes? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your thoughts and what you would like to hear on future episodes of Talk Richmond.
Up to: News
Updated: 06 May 2021