Family Information Service (FIS)
The FIS offer a telephone and web service, providing information for parents, parents to be, carers and professionals to help support children up to their 20th birthday or 25th birthday if a child has a disability.
The Family Information Service offer:
- Information about childcare, such as registered childminders, nurseries, pre-school playgroups and out of school and holiday care
- Information about help available to pay for childcare
- Advice about Early Education Funding for 2, 3 and 4 year olds. including the 30 hour childcare offer
- Activities for children, including toddler groups and leisure and play activities
- Support groups and parenting information
- Career opportunities in childcare and play work
- A brokerage service for parents who need support when looking for childcare places
Visit the Achieving for Children (AfC) website for further information.
Phone: 020 8547 5215
Up to: Children's services
Updated: 25 May 2022