Richmond Education and Enterprise Campus
Richmond upon Thames College, Haymarket Media Group, Harlequins, Clarendon School, Richmond Council and Achieving for Children have been working together to create an Education and Enterprise Campus on the College site on Egerton Road in Twickenham.
About our approach
The campus approach will enable a new model of learning integrated with enterprise, delivering high quality education hand in hand with developing young people’s skills, offering work opportunities and jobs. Although located in Twickenham, the Education and Enterprise Campus is an opportunity for London, drawing students from across the Capital. Our partners, Haymarket and Harlequins are both incredibly successful both at home and globally and this will bring an exciting additional dimension to this project.
Site development plans
The ambition is to redevelop the site to include:
- New college buildings – building work is currently underway. The works will include:
- Spa and wellness centre
- State of the art gym
- Theatre with seating for 250 people
- Art gallery, providing an opportunity for local artists and photographers to exhibit their work
- Silver service training restaurant with a chef’s table and unparalleled vistas
- Business start-up lounge
- Renewables centre
- Automotive testing facility
- Two all-weather playing fields with multi-use games area
- A new secondary school (The Richmond upon Thames School). The school is co-educational, non-selective and non-faith based and will admit five forms of entry (150 children) per year. The school opened in September 2017.
- Purpose-built accommodation for Clarendon School providing facilities and teaching spaces specifically designed for the particular needs of the school’s cohort, including those with autism.
- Haymarket’s new 'tech hub' and digital media incubator. The 'tech hub' will comprise state of the art facilities including digital labs for new technology and product development work, photographic studios, photographic archive, listening rooms for its consumer electronics brands, a gallery where creative, digital and photographic teams can showcase their best work and space for a media incubator.
Timescale for development
It is hoped that the construction of the sports building for the schools and college will begin in 2019.
You can contact us by email at ProgrammeTeam@richmond.gov.uk.
Up to: Schools
Updated: 29 September 2022