Community Trigger process timeline
Once a request for an ASB Case Review is received by the Community Safety Manager (the Point of Contact), the following process will be undertaken:
- Acknowledgement letter sent to victim or person on their behalf (consent is required for a third party report) within 2 working days of receipt.
- Relevant agencies/departments informed of the request and asked to provide all relevant information within 14 working days from receipt of request.
- Consideration of the Request and whether it meets the Threshold. The applicant is advised of the decision within 21 working days of its receipt of the request.
- If Threshold is met - Application proceeds to an ASB Case Review proceeds to Step 5
- If Threshold is not met - Decision letter/email will, if appropriate, signposted any other agency for potential further contact
- The Point of Contact identifies an appropriate Panel Chair with supporting officer.
- Panel meeting comprising representatives of the relevant bodies be convened within 28 working days of receipt of the Request. Summary report to be circulated to panel members 2 working days before meeting.
- Review panel meets to considers the request - outcomes and recommendations are agreed. The victim is invited to present at panel unless exceptional circumstances prevents this and/or the chair decides it is inappropriate. Where the Chair decides not to invite the victim the reasons for so deciding will be communicated to him/her in writing by the chair 2 working days before the panel hearing)
- Report from panel chair sent to relevant bodies and victim within 7 working days of the meeting.
Up to: Community Trigger
Updated: 08 March 2021