Report an issue with a drain (gully)

Use this form to report a blocked, smelly or noisy drain. You should also use this form to report lost keys or property in a drain.

Before you start

You should report any fault relating to a Red Route (A316 or A205) directly to Transport for London (TfL) - any reports we receive will be passed on to TfL along with your contact details.

Please note there is a call out charge of £160 for retrieving lost property from a drain, even if the property is not recovered.

You will need

To be able to describe the location of the drain.

What happens next

An inspector will investigate the drain. This will happen as soon as possible and at the latest within 10 working days. Please note that it may not be possible to investigate the fault if cars are blocking access to drains.

We may contact you for further information if you provide contact details.

We will contact you within 24 hours if you report lost property in a drain, to discuss attempted retrieval of the property and payment.

Start my report

Short - this form shouldn’t take long to complete.

Updated: 12 February 2020

Stay up to date! Make sure you subscribe to our email updates.