Holding events during COVID-19
Event organisers are required to prepare a COVID-19 risk assessment to demonstrate that they have taken reasonable precautions to limit the risk of COVID transmission, in accordance with government and industry guidance.
Special considerations and processing arrangements
You should check the relevant guidance sources regularly for updates:
- GOV.UK: Guidance for events
- Events Industry Forum: Industry guidance for outdoor events
- UK/DCMS: Coronavirus (COVID-19): grassroots sports guidance for safe provision including team sport, contact combat sport and organised sport events
- Run Britain & British Athletics: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Guidance for Road Race and Multi-Terrain Race Organisers, see pdf document UKA COVID advice (Principles for staging road and MT running events during COVID-19 restrictions).
Your risk assessment
Your COVID-19 risk assessment should be submitted along with your event risk assessment (or it can be a subsection within this document). The following should be considered as applicable:
- Capacity and visitor management
- Social distancing
- Hygiene and sanitation
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) including face coverings
- Vehicles, transport and deliveries
- Medical arrangements
- Vulnerable and high risk
- Testing, tracking and reporting
- Insurance and cancellation
Short notice cancellation
Please also note that short notice cancellation may occur at any point; for example, response to changes in government guidance or local outbreaks.
Updated: 23 February 2022