Prior notification process
- The change of use of a building and any land within its curtilage to a state funded school for a single academic year (Class C, Part 4, Schedule 2);
- The change of use of a building and any land within its curtilage (for a temporary period of up to two years) to a flexible use falling within either Class A1 (shops), Class A2 (financial and professional services), Class A3 (restaurants and cafes) or Class B1 (business); from a use falling within Classes A1 (shops), A2 (financial and professional services), A3 (restaurants and cafes), A4 (drinking establishments), Class A5 (hot food takeaways), B1 (business), D1 (non-residential institutions) and D2 (assembly and leisure). (Class D, Part 4, Schedule 2)
When such a change of use is proposed and prior to the new use commencing, the applicant / developer is required to notify of the local planning authority of the date the site will begin to be used, and details of the proposed use.
What information do I need to submit a notification application?
Details of notification for a temporary change of use (Town and Country Planning General Permitted Development Order 1995 (As Amended) Classes C and D, Part 4, Schedule 2)
Before commencing the proposed use, the applicant/developer shall provide the following information to the local planning authority:
1. Developer’s Contact Details
- Contact address (house number, street name, town, county, post code)
- Contact phone number
- Email address (if the developer is content to receive communications electronically)
2. Written description of the proposed development
3. Detail /plan of site and development
- A plan which identifies the land to which the application relates drawn to an identified scale and showing the direction of North
- Commencement date of the proposed use