Make a ceremony booking
Use this form to make a booking for a ceremony.
From Monday 17 May 2021 up to 30 people can attend a wedding ceremony, where this number can be safely accommodated. Please check the capacity at your chosen venue.
All other restrictions will be lifted at later dates as advised by the Government. For further details, please visit GOV.UK.
Before you start
Before making your ceremony booking, please read our Ceremony Booking terms and conditions, paying particular attention to the amendment fee and the cancellation policy.
Disclaimer: The coronavirus pandemic has not ended and the virus is still present in the population. It may be necessary to cancel or reschedule ceremonies at short notice due to changes in Government guidelines, or the need for our staff to self-isolate. By booking at this time you agree that you understand and accept the risk of late notice cancellations or rescheduling, and that Government restrictions may change.
All new bookings are subject to our Ceremony Booking terms and conditions regardless of impacts caused by COVID-19.
Do not use this form if you are already in a Civil Partnership and would like to convert your existing Civil Partnership into a Marriage and hold a celebratory ceremony.
You will need to make a payment at the time of booking. Please see our fees page for information on the cost of ceremonies.
You will need
- To know where you would like your ceremony to be held
- Your details and your partner’s details
- The date you wish to book the ceremony
- Credit or debit card for payment
What happens next
- You will receive a confirmation email with detailed instructions about what you must do next
- You will both be required to give notice of your intention. There is a statutory waiting period of 30 days which must be completed. However, if one or both of you is a non EEA national, without appropriate immigration status, or relevant visa, you will be referred to the Home Office for investigation, and the statutory waiting period will increase to 72 days
- Once we receive notification that you have both given notice, you will receive a ceremony information pack with full details about the ceremony. The email will also advise what documents will need to be returned before the date of your ceremony
Updated: 17 May 2021