Apply for a Richmond Card
Anyone aged 17 or over can apply for a Richmond Card, even if you do not live in the borough.
If you do not live in the borough you can still apply for a Visitor Richmond Card for access to library and leisure services, and business offers in the borough.
Before you start
- If you do not live in the borough and want to use your card for business offers only, you should apply for a virtual Visitor Richmond Card
- You can also get a Richmond Account when you apply for your Richmond Card. This gives you easy access to other online council services
- You must read our Library Service Terms and Conditions(pdf, 70KB)
You will need
- Proof of age
- Proof of address
- Proof of student ID (for leisure service student concessions only)
- Proof of state benefit (for leisure service low income concessions only)
You will need to upload your proofs as a digital photo or scanned image.
Uploaded files should be under 2mb in size and in file format jpg, jpeg, png or pdf.
Check below to see what types of proofs are accepted.
Accepted documents for proof of age
- Driving licence
- Freedom Pass
- Birth certificate
- Adoption certificate
Accepted documents for proof of address
- Council tax bill (You can link your Council Tax online, without the need to upload an image in some cases)
- Tenancy document
- Rent Book
- Ownership Details
- Medical card
- Utility bill
- TV licence
- Driving licence
- Home contents insurance or benefits letter
Accepted documents for proof of student ID
- Student ID card
Accepted documents for proof of low income
- Income Support document
- Incapacity Benefit document
- Housing Benefit letter
What happens next
Your application will be processed and, once all proofs are received, the card will be sent in the post within 5 to 7 days.
For further information, please contact us.
Up to: Richmond Card
Updated: 23 October 2020