Richmond Card terms and conditions
- The card remains the property of the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames and must be returned upon request. Any breach of these conditions may result in the withdrawal of the Richmond Card.
- The card can only be used according to the terms and conditions laid down by the individual services offered with the Richmond Card.
- London Borough of Richmond upon Thames reserves the right to withdraw/amend the card. The council reserves the right to alter or withdraw the scheme at any time without notice.
- The card is not valid if altered, damaged or defaced in any way.
- Richmond Card will not be accepted as an identity or proof of age card, other than for specified council services.
- This Agreement is governed by law of England and Wales and the is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Business offers scheme
- When using the card in conjunction with the Business Offers database it must be presented prior to the sale negotiation or purchase. Failure to do so may lead to a discount being refused. Any Business Offer shall be subject to the specific terms and conditions provided in respect of that Business Offer Scheme.
- Richmond Council in no circumstances endorses or accepts liability for any non-council products or services offered under the Richmond Card scheme. Neither does it accept liability where there is an improper or illegal use of the card.
- London Borough of Richmond upon Thames does not act as an agent or representative of any retailer listed in the Business Offers database. The council gives no guarantee or warranty whatsoever regarding the quality of the goods or services offered by any retailer listed in the directory nor regarding the status or reputation of any retailer.
- The card is only for the use of the cardholder, it is not transferable.
- Any changes to personal details – name, address, change of circumstances must be immediately notified to Richmond Council, either online, at a Library or Leisure Centre or by contacting the Contact Centre on 08456 122 660. Proof of new details may be required.
- The card is the responsibility of the cardholder. Lost, stolen or damaged cards will be replaced for free on the first occasion, but a small payment will be charged after this.
- Under the Data Protection Act 1998 the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames is the Data Controller of your personal information and will be processing your personal data.
- Personal data collected via the Richmond Card will be used by the council for administering the Richmond Card scheme and, where appropriate, will use such information in carrying out its various functions and services.
- The Council has a duty to protect the public funds it administers. The Information that you have given may be shared within the Council for the prevention and detection of fraud. The Council may also share information externally with other bodies administering public funds for the purposes of the prevention and detection of fraud.
- In addition Richmond Council may from time to time contact you in regards to offers, promotions, or additional services available in relation to the Richmond Card.
- Personal information will not be made available to other organisations without your permission unless it is necessary for prevention or detection or crime and allowed or required by law.
Up to: Richmond Card
Updated: 12 October 2022