The Transport Planning Team undertakes the planning and design of transport measures within the borough. This includes parking, cycling, public transport infrastructure improvements, and the design of traffic signals and pedestrian crossings.
We are the Highway Authority for the majority of the roads within the borough, except for the A316 and A205 which are the responsibility of TfL.
- Richmond Active Travel Strategy
- Electric Vehicle Charging Strategy
- Parking reviews
- School travel planning
- Local Implementation Plan
- Public Notices
- School Streets
- Access protection markings (H bars)
For further information visit How we make decisions.
Road Safety Plan
View the PDF documents for the Road Safety Plan 2021:
- Richmond Road Safety Plan (pdf, 1.1 MB)
- Richmond Road Safety Plan - Appendix A census data (pdf, 90 KB)
- Richmond Road Safety Plan - Appendix B Vision Zero fact sheet (pdf, 201 KB)
- Richmond Road Safety Plan - Appendix C case study 1 (pdf, 268 KB)
- Richmond Road Safety Plan - Appendix C case study 2 (pdf, 492 KB)
London Borough of Richmond upon Thames
44 York Street
Telephone: 020 8891 1411
Up to: Roads and transport
Updated: 28 October 2022