TCS Mini London Marathon
The TCS Mini London Marathon 2024 will take place on Saturday 20 April 2024 over the last 2.6km of the London Marathon Course.
If you are aged between 11 and 17 years, live or go to school in the borough and would like to take part in the TCS Mini London Marathon along part of the TCS London Marathon course then you can apply to be part of our team.
Age categories for 2024
The age categories for the TCS Mini London Marathon 2024 are:
- Under 13 - Born between 1 September 2010 and 31 August 2012
- Under 15 - Born between 1 September 2008 and 31 August 2010
- Under 17 - Born between 1 September 2006 and 31 August 2008
Joining the team
To apply to join our team you will need to:
- Complete a 5k parkrun event* between Saturday 6 January 2024 and Saturday 23 March 2024. We will take your fastest time between and including these two dates.
- Register to complete a parkrun no later than the 6pm the Friday before you want to run
- Complete the Richmond Mini Marathon online form by Sunday 24 March 2024, late entries will not be accepted
* There are four parkruns in the borough, Bushy Park, Crane Park, Old Deer Park and Richmond Park. Events take place every Saturday at 9am. Please note that all under 11s must be within arm's reach of a parent, guardian or other designated adult of the parents' choice at parkrun5k events. This is a parkrun insurance requirement and local event teams have the authority to remove the results of juniors who persistently flout this non-negotiable rule. Please do not forget to bring your barcode with you as we cannot accept times that are not official registered with the correct barcode.
The Sports Development Team will select the six fastest male and six female athletes in each category to represent Richmond on Saturday 20 April 2024. We will contact qualifying athletes after the qualifying period.
Wheelchair and ambulant athlete entry
There is also the opportunity for young athletes who use wheelchairs or have a physical or sensory impairment to take part in the TCS Mini London Marathon championships in the following categories:
- Under-14 Boys and Girls Wheelchair
- Under-17 Boys and Girls Wheelchair
- Under-14 Boys and Girls Ambulant
- Under-17 Boys and Girls Ambulant
How to enter
For further details on taking part in these categories please contact Michelle Weltman, the TCS Mini London Marathon Wheelchair and Ambulant/Para Athlete Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.