My Account

Regulatory Services Partnership contacts

The Regulatory Services Partnership (RSP) provides statutory regulatory functions such as air quality, food and safety, licensing, noise and nuisance, pest control, private sector housing and trading standards on behalf of Richmond, Wandsworth and Merton Councils.

Air quality and pollution

The Pollution team deals with things that affect air quality, for example:

  • Residential bonfires
  • Commercial bonfires
  • Wood burning stoves
  • Smells such as sewage farms
  • Construction dust
  • Vehicle idling complaints
  • Air quality monitoring
  • Part B processes (dry cleaners, petrol stations)
  • NNRM

Contact us by:

Telephone: 020 8545 3025

Food and safety

The Food and Safety team is responsible for ensuring the safety of food that is publicly consumed. The team can help with:

  • Advice and guidance to food businesses
  • Registering food businesses (food score to the Food Standards Agency)
  • Inspection program to food businesses
  • Sample testing
  • Labelling and allergen
  • Export and health certificates
  • Investigating complaints about food bought, consumed and the standards and hygiene of premises
  • Investigating infectious diseases and food poisoning outbreaks
  • Safety advisory groups
  • RIDDOR - accident investigation
  • Safety advice to workplaces

Contact us by:

Telephone: 020 8545 3025


The Licensing team deals with:

  • Alcohol premises and club certificates
  • Temporary event notices
  • Late night refreshment
  • Gambling and small society lotteries
  • Massage and special treatments
  • Animal welfare
  • Street trading and markets (Merton and Richmond)
  • Personal license (alcohol)
  • Explosives (fireworks)
  • Scrap meatal dealers
  • Weighbridges
  • Complaints about a licensed premises

View Licences and street trading for guidance and advice. 

Contact us by:

Telephone: 020 8545 3969

Noise and nuisance

The Noise and nuisance team investigates:

  • Allegations of statutory nuisance, including noise and light
  • Car and building alarms
  • Flood lights, spot lights, bright signs
  • Nuisance from residential and commercial premises including open spaces, events and nuisance on the street from leaving a pub/restaurant/event

View Noise and nuisance for more information.

Contact us by:

Online: Report noise or nuisance
Telephone: 020 8545 3025. Our weekend noise service may be able to assist if the problem occurs on Friday or Saturday night, from 10pm to 3am, call us on 07944 038 495

Pest control

As we do not offer a pest control service, we suggest you approach a private pest control company to deal with any pest control work.

Private housing

Private housing deals with:

  • The safety and disrepair element of privately rented accommodation
  • Bringing empty homes back into circulation by way of a grant
  • HMO licensing (mandatory scheme)
  • High rise blocks ACM post Grenfell tragedy

For more information view Private housing.

Contact us by:

Telephone: 020 8545 3025

Trading standards

Trading standards complaints in the main are triaged by Consumer Direct and Citizen Advice Bureau who will give advice and refer all contact to the RSP either for advice or for action.

  • Underage sales
  • Test purchases
  • Counterfeit goods
  • Scams
  • Weights and measures

Contact us by:

Telephone: 020 8545 3025

Updated: 19 October 2023

Stay up to date! Make sure you subscribe to our email updates.