Make a nomination for the Community Heroes Awards
We’re excited to read (or watch!) your nominations for this year’s Community Heroes. Please check the criteria below before making your nomination.
Before you start
Please review the award categories and criteria before making your nomination. The nomination should outline clearly what the individual has done to warrant a nomination, why this should be considered as exceptional, how they have improved the area in which they live or improved the lives of others. The more information you can give, the stronger your nomination.
The deadline for nomination is 11:59pm on Wednesday 1 March 2023, and judges will then pick a shortlist for each category which will be made public soon afterwards.
When making your nomination, please consider the following criteria, alongside the specific category criteria:
- Individuals or groups must have worked in a voluntary capacity/be unpaid
- Work involved in the nomination must have taken place in the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames within the 2022 calendar year
- The nominee(s) does not have to be a resident of the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames
- The nominator does not have to be a resident of the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames
- An individual/group or activity may be nominated for more than one category
- Employees of Richmond Council may be nominated, but it must not be for work they complete as part of their job
- Councillors are not eligible for nomination
- Winners of 2021 Community Heroes Awards are not eligible for nomination
Other ways to nominate
There are some other methods of submitting your nomination, should you prefer.
All you need to do is send us a clip of yourself, no longer than two minutes. The video should tell us:
- A little about the person/people you’re nominating
- Which category you’re nominating for
- How they have contributed to the community
- The impact their effort has made
Videos should be sent to email@example.com.
If you would like to submit using a paper form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 020 8891 7662 to find out where you can pick one up and how to submit it.
You will need
- Your contact details
- Contact details for your nominee
- Specific examples of why you have nominated this person
What happens next
We will be contacting all those who are nominated to make sure that they are happy to be put forward. We will also be letting them know who nominated them. The nomination is only confirmed once the nominee has given their permission to be included in the process. Please let us know on your nomination form if you would prefer us not to share your name with your nominee.
Shortlisted nominees will be announced on Monday 3 April 2023 and invited to an awards event to be held on Tuesday 25 April 2023.
Winners will receive a commemorative trophy and a certificate.
Up to: Community Heroes Awards
Updated: 06 January 2023