My Account

View the licensing register

Lists (known as 'registers') of various licences held in the borough and recent licence applications.

To search within a document, press Ctrl+F on your keyboard and enter a search term (such as a name or address word) in the box that appears. Remember shop names do change and address descriptions can vary from person to person. It is also possible for more than one licence to exist for the same location.

Premises and clubs (Licensing Act 2003)

Licensing applications

Details of licensing applications received and application hearings.

Licensing Policy

Our revised Licensing Policy comes into effect in January 2022. The special policies on cumulative impact in Richmond and Twickenham town centres have been maintained and cover all applications in those zones.

Find out more about the Licensing Policy.

Regulations for Temporary Event Notices

The current regulations for Temporary Event Notices came into force on 10 November. These regulations changed how Temporary Event Notices are given and how licensing authorities issue counter-notices. With these regulations, the council is now able to process Temporary Event Notices.

More information on Temporary Event Notices.

Who the Licensing Act affects

The Licensing Act 2003 deals with alcohol, regulated entertainment and late night refreshment and is the responsibility of the Council as the Licensing Authority.

The Act affects anyone concerned with:

  • Pubs and nightclubs
  • Off licences and shops selling alcohol
  • Restaurants serving alcohol
  • Businesses selling hot food between 11.00pm and 5.00am (including takeaways and mobile caterers)
  • Hotels, guest houses and other places that sell alcohol
  • Private members clubs, social clubs and sports clubs selling alcohol
  • Places that put on public entertainment
  • Theatres and amateur dramatic clubs
  • Cinemas
  • Indoor sporting events
  • Occasional entertainments of music or dancing

Application forms

Premises Licence, Personal Licence and Club Premises Certificates

Under the Licensing Act 2003, a premises licence is required for any premises where licensable activities take place. These activities include the sale by retail of alcohol, the provision of regulated entertainment and the supply of hot food and drink between 23.00 and 05.00 hours. Any person selling or authorising the sale of alcohol requires a personal licence. A club premises certificate is required for members' clubs (qualifying clubs) where the supply of alcohol is made to members' and their guests.

See more information on premises licences (including application forms).

To apply for a personal licence use the form available from the Home Office website.

Renewal of Personal Licences

The Deregulation Act 2015 has removed the requirement to renew a personal licence with effect from 1 April 2015.

Amending or replacing a Personal License

If your address has changed you will have to apply to amend your licence before we can accept your renewal. There is a charge of £10.50 to amend details on your licence. To amend your license, complete the change of details form(pdf, 71KB).

If you do not have your original license, you may have to apply to get a replacement licence. There is a fee of £10.50 to replace a licence. To apply for a replacement licence, complete the replacement license application form(pdf, 12KB).

Forms should be returned to:

Regulatory Services Partnership
Merton Civic Centre
London Road

For more information on renewing your personal license and the changes in legislation please view the GOV.UK factsheet.

Changes to conditions of a premises licence or club premises certificate

A premises licence holder, or club secretary for a qualifying club, may make an application to vary conditions on a premises licence or club premises certificate at any time. A variation application could be made to extend the hours of operation or include a licensable activity not authorised by the existing licence or certificate. Any variation application must be advertised for twenty-eight days. During the advertising period an interested party (local resident or business) or a responsible authority can make representation to the Licensing Authority.

For more information on making a variation application please visit the Home Office website.

To put forward your views on applications, please see our Making representations section.


Throughout the year, officers of the Licensing Authority will carry out risk based and unannounced inspections of all licensed premises to ensure conditions of licence and safe standards are being maintained.

Nuisance from commercial premises

Our Noise and Nuisance team has a duty to investigate allegations of nuisance relating to commercial premises. Noise complaints form the bulk of all complaints to this service, however we also deal with smoke, odour, premises in poor condition and some pest control issues.

More information about anti-social behaviour and the Licensing Act.

Contact the Licensing Team

If you have any questions or comments please contact the Licensing Team:

Regulatory Services Partnership
Merton Civic Centre
London Road

Telephone: 020 8545 3969

Updated: 14 June 2024

Stay up to date! Make sure you subscribe to our business support email updates.