Apply for a skip licence
A licence is required to place a skip on a public road or highway.
To apply for a skip licence on a path or highway you will need to be a Registered skip company and have Public Liability Insurance.
The quickest and easiest way is to apply online.
If you cannot apply online telephone us on 020 8891 1411.
Before you start
- The skip location must be in accordance with the Skip licence terms and conditions and any other guidance specified on the licence
- The licence is valid for a maximum period of up to 3 weeks, after which it may be renewed
- A skip licence fee is £75.50 valid for a maximum period of three weeks
- If the skip is to be placed in a CPZ bay, there will be an additional admin charge of £140.70 which is valid for the period of the licence, and a daily charge for the bay
- The daily charge will depend on the CPZ
- Total charges will automatically be calculated when you apply
- Payment is taken in advance by debit or credit card for the licence and any bay suspension (if required)
- Receipts will be issued by email
You will need
- Your company reference number
- The dates you require the licence
- The location of the skip
- A credit or debit card for payment
What happens next
- Licences not in a CPZ - The licence will be effective from the date it is issued and this can take up to 3 working days following the application date
- Licences in a CPZ – If the licence is for a skip within a CPZ, a bay suspension is needed
- We require two working days following the application date to process the application
- We require a further five full calendar days to display the parking suspension signs
- If the licence is approved, the licence will be emailed to you
- Should your application be refused we will let you know why and will refund any payment back to the card you paid with
- Refunds will be issued back on to the card that the original payment was made from. This can take between 3 to 5 days
Medium - This form usually takes a few minutes to complete
Up to: Skip licence
Updated: 23 January 2024