Help with paying your rent and Council Tax
If you're on a low income you may be able to get help with paying your rent and Council Tax.
Already claiming benefits?
- Tell us about a change of circumstances
- How we pay benefits
- Discretionary Housing Payment
- Submit documents to support your claim
Housing Benefit change
Housing Benefit is being replaced by Universal Credit for working age people, please check if you are eligible to claim help with your rent before filing in a form.
You will need fill in this form to claim for a reduction in your Council Tax.
Benefits and help
- Housing Benefit: A means-tested benefit to help you cover your rent
- Council Tax Reduction: A means-tested discount on your Council Tax
- Other ways to get help with paying your bills
Know about a false claim?
Benefit fraud is illegal. Please report it to us.
Up to: Housing
Updated: 22 February 2021