Debt and money advice
A range of financial help is available, as well as information and guidance.
Help with rent and Council Tax
Read GOV.UK's guide to benefits for an overview of other benefits you may qualify for.
If you are concerned about paying your mortgage there are a range of options which may help, such as government schemes or renting out your home.
Find out about help on offer to meet household costs.
Get help with making energy saving improvements to your home, and financial support to stay warm at home.
Local Assistance Scheme
In an emergency, you can apply to the Local Assistance Scheme for a grant.
- The Money Advice Service offers free and impartial money advice, set up by the government
- The Moneymadeclear service has impartial information and guidance about your finances. It's part of the Consumer Financial Education Body (CFEB).
- The Debt Advice Foundation is a registered national debt advice and education charity offering free, confidential support and advice to anyone wanting to get out of debt. Because they are a charity, the advice they give you is impartial and based on what is best for you.
- The StepChange Debt Charity provides free and impartial debt advice, both online and over the telephone. Call freephone 0800 138 1111 or visit Debt Remedy for more information.
- Richmond upon Thames Citizens Advice can provide free, independent, confidential and impartial advice.
Updated: 10 March 2020