My Account

Our Home Improvement Agency can offer access to Disabled Facilities Grants and Coldbuster Grants to keep you independent and warm at home.

Who it is for

Depending on the actual works required any owner-occupier, private tenant or housing association tenant living in the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames can access our service.

Typically most of our work is requested by the Occupational Therapist Service to support clients who are having difficulty getting around their home due to a physical disability or sensory impairment.

You can find out more information from the Local Authority Eligibility Statement of Intent (pdf, 753 KB).

How we can help

Once a referral has been received by the Agency, we will visit you at home to discuss your needs and we may offer advice and guidance in the following areas:

  • Help you apply for grants;
  • Conduct technical surveys;
  • Arrange for estimates or specifications;
  • Help find suitable builders to carry out the work;
  • Supervise the work through to satisfactory completion;
  • Refer you to other agencies to access welfare benefits, concessions or services;
  • Set out housing options if you want to consider moving to more suitable accommodation.


Our advisory service is free and confidential.

If you decide to carry out work with the support of our agency surveyors, we will usually charge a fee which will vary according to the complexity and cost of the work.

If you qualify for a grant the fee may be included in the grant.



Updated: 21 September 2022

Stay up to date! Make sure you subscribe to our email updates.