Book cycling training
Use this form to book a free, 90-minute, one-to-one cycle training session.
We offer separate cycle training for year 6 pupils within schools.
Before you start
- You must live, work or study in the borough of Richmond upon Thames
- You must provide your own fully roadworthy bike. This should have lights if there is any possibility of a ride taking place in the dark
- Trainees who are under 16 must be accompanied by a responsible adult
- One-to-one cycle skills training is intended for one trainee. If training is requested for more than one trainee, the training will be delivered at the level of the least experienced
- Follow up sessions can be booked
Basic cycle skills (Level 1)
For those who cannot ride a bike or who are still so wobbly that they cannot venture on to the road. You will practice in a safe, off-road environment with a fully qualified instructor. In a session you will learn the basics, build skills and gain confidence to navigate around your local area.
Urban cycle skills (Level 2)
Improve your cycling skills with a session tailored to you. Aimed at cyclists who would like to gain the confidence to ride with traffic starting on quieter roads and routes.
Advanced cycle skills (Level 3)
For cyclists who already have experience of riding on a variety of roads and who wish to gain more confidence in tackling busier situations such as cycling to work. Improve your performance when dealing with complex junctions, heavy traffic or cycling at night and receive assurance that you are cycling efficiently and effectively.
You will need
You will need your address details, and your preferred time and location for your training.
What happens next
- You will receive email confirmation of your booking
- One of our instructors will contact you within 5 working days to discuss your requirements and route preferences in more detail, and to finalise the meeting arrangements
- Bookings may only be rescheduled at the discretion of the instructor
- 'No-shows' will not be able to book another session
Short- this form shouldn’t take long to complete.
Up to: Cycling training
Updated: 03 March 2021