Garden waste sacks and collections
You can buy garden waste sacks if you do not want a regular garden waste collection.
The cost of collections is included in the sack price, but you must make a booking.
Buy garden sacks
You can order a maximum of 40 garden recycling sacks for each transaction. Sacks are sold in packs of 10 and cost £21.30 including postage.
Individual sacks can be bought from libraries for £1.89 each.
You will receive your sacks through the post within seven working days. They are sent by Royal Mail.
Store your garden sacks in a cool, dark and dry place to help prevent them starting to biodegrade, and use them within 60 days of purchase.
During hot weather the sacks may start to break down if left outside for over a week, so try not to fill the sacks too far in advance of your collection.
Collections can be booked fortnightly and will be made between 6am and 4pm on the garden waste collection day for your address
We will collect a maximum of ten sacks.
Book a collection
You must book by 12 noon on the working day before your garden waste collection day.
Garden waste sack collections will only be made if:
- You have booked a collection
- Your garden waste is contained in Richmond Council garden waste sacks
- Sacks are put out before 6am on your collection day
- Sacks are clearly visible from the street and are not causing an obstruction
- Sacks are not split open or biodegraded
- Your garden waste does not contain building waste, concrete or rubble. These materials should be taken to Townmead Road
If sacks are not out when collection is attempted you will need to rebook online.
Up to: Garden recycling
Updated: 09 August 2023