You can recycle:
- Mixed containers (glass, cans, plastic bottles etc.)
- Mixed paper, flattened card/cardboard and cartons (for example, TetraPaks)
- Textiles and shoes
Use our recycling sites map to find a site near you.
Using the sites
If you are visiting a recycling site please follow these rules:
- Don’t bring commercial waste – this can be taken to Townmead Road instead.
- Don’t leave litter behind – everything you bring must go into a container, be taken to Townmead Road or taken back to your home.
- Don’t leave bulky items of waste – this will be considered fly tipping which is illegal.
- Don’t leave food waste – if you are a resident your food waste will be collected as part of your normal weekly collection.
Adopt a recycling site scheme
Some recycling sites have been adopted by community groups in the area. In return for helping to manage these sites, we offer a generous quarterly payment.
If you are a member of a group who would like to get involved, please phone 020 8891 1411 or email email@example.com.
The borough’s main waste recycling centre is the Townmead Road Re-use and Recycling Centre.
Townmead Road Reuse and Recycling Centre
Over 27 materials can be re-used and recycled at the Townmead Road Centre in Kew, including more unusual items such as fridges and freezers, ink and toner cartridges, mobile phones, paint, garden waste and plastic bottles.
Space Waye Re-use and Recycling Centre
Space Waye in Feltham is part of the West London Waste Authority and can be used by Richmond residents.
Public recycling banks
There are over 60 recycling sites across the borough. View a map of our recycling sites for the locations and details of each site.
If you see an overflowing recycling bin you can report this online. We will investigate the bin to resolve the problem.
You can also request a bin be placed in a new location on a street in the borough.
Up to: Recycling and refuse sites
Updated: 16 January 2024