Walk This Way
There are some great parks and open spaces in the borough. We have put together some fun and educational activities, to help you and your family enjoy them.
Download our Discovery walk introduction(pdf, 420KB) for handy tips before you take part.
We have put together fun activities for you and child to complete during your walk. Print out the activity sheets and take them along with you.
Each walk is suitable for the whole family, but we have suggested suitable age categories to help get the most out of your walk:
- Walks for families with children aged 0-3, SEN and EFL(pdf, 1346KB)
- Walks for families with children aged 3+(pdf, 3459KB)
- Walks for families with children aged 5+(pdf, 2451KB)
- Walks for families with children aged 8+(pdf, 778KB)
Download our Learning walks introduction(pdf, 419KB) for handy tips before you take part.
We have put together fun activity sheets to encourage learning during each walk.
We have also separated these into different curriculum areas:
- Geography(pdf, 418KB)
- Literacy(pdf, 405KB)
- Music and MFL(pdf, 189KB)
- Numeracy(pdf, 1163KB)
- Science(pdf, 219KB)
These resources have been designed to enable you to get the most out of using your local park for learning. They are curriculum-linked and focus on environment, and how important trees are.
Teaching children about trees encourages scientific investigation, stimulates all the senses, encourages an investigation of the local area and supports subjects across the curriculum.
Worksheets for Key Stages 1 and 2.
- Key Stage 1 - Part 1(pdf, 1280KB)
- Key Stage 1 - Part 2(pdf, 1504KB)
- Key Stage 2 - Part 1(pdf, 1626KB)
- Key Stage 2 - Part 2(pdf, 1350KB)
- Key Stage 2 - Part 3(pdf, 1775KB)
Updated: 04 January 2019